Interested in having your work read at Toronto Cold Reads?
We accept submissions for plays, feature films, short films, television scripts, web series scripts, sketch comedy pieces…whatever you’ve got. We read 4-5 pieces each night, with each piece running a maximum of twenty minutes. We accept submissions year-round.
Your submission must include:
- Your contact information (Name, telephone number, email address, and social media links you’d like to share for publicity);
- Your availability: Indicate if there are any upcoming Sundays, 7-10pm that you are unable to attend;
- A logline/very brief synopsis of the script, no more than 3 sentences;
- Character breakdowns with brief descriptions for casting purposes;
- 15 page maximum excerpt of your writing
(*Note: 15 pages refers to traditional script format; anything running over 20 minutes will only be considered in cut-down version)
- Please send your script as an email attachment in Word, Adobe or a similar format (i.e., .doc, .docx, or .pdf)
Final Notes about Script Submissions:
- You must include a 15 page excerpt to be considered. If you would like to submit a full script for consideration, you may attach it after your initial 15 page excerpt.
- Writers are encouraged to submit more than one script
- Works-in-progress and premieres only, please
- Your work does not have to be a final draft, but it should be proofread and reviewed to ensure that it is ready to be read
- The Toronto Cold Reads producers reserve the right to make programming choices
Send written submissions to email@example.com, or fill out the contact form below: